Thursday, May 22, 2008

Slinkies

I got an e-mail this morning from a client, and it really tickled my funny bone.

Some people are like Slinkies -- not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Now, back when I was a criminal, before I had taken 120 hours of anger management courses plus the mandatory refresher course every five months, I was fond of pushing, shoving and punching any idiot who irked me or got in my way. Those were the days!

But of course I've embraced Powerful Positive Change (PPCTM) and have moved into new territory in my life.

These days, when encountering complete retards, I take a deep breath, count to ten -- twice if I have to, and I do my best not to take someone else's rude, stupid behavior personally. Easier said than done! So, as we go into Memorial Day weekend, let's keep our ire in check as our cities are invaded by slow-moving, slack-jawed tourists and as we sit on the highway like it's some kind of parking lot.

Take a deep breath, count to ten, and think of those slinkies!

I look forward to hearing your stories of immense personal struggle, and will continue to inspire you.

No comments: