Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Avalanche of Upheaval

Hello O’Dayers! Greetings from the O’Day offices here in New York City, and boy-howdy has it been busy! 2009 has taken off like a rock rolling down a very steep hill, and there’s no trying to stop it. At first I was overwhelmed by all the new and challenging demands. I was even a little bit frightened that I wouldn’t be in control of my schedule and environment! But then I realized that I was playing the “Control Game!”

Folks, let’s face it. We can improve ourselves, set goals and work toward them, but sometimes our circumstances change. Appliances break down, people show up to stay with you for weeks on end, friends burst into flames. But it doesn’t mean you can’t continue to improve yourself, it just means you have to do so in a completely different environment in which you thought you’d be working.

Trouble starts when you think the events around you are an excuse to stop your self-improvement.

Cookies are not the answer! Skipping a vigorous workout routine is not the answer! Crawling under you bed and crying in the dust-bunnies is not the answer!

Embrace the change! Ride the snowy crest of the avalanche of upheaval –- otherwise you’re going to suffocate in the wet snow of resistance.

So for all of you tumbling head first into 2009 I say, “Ride it out, and ride into the New You!”

No comments: