Monday, May 21, 2012

Transcript of a One-On-One Sandra O’Day Power Session

Sandra O’Day: Let’s get to the bottom of all this whining.  
Client: I don’t mean to whine, I’m just not happy.
Sandra O’Day: Tell me exactly what it is you want. What is it that you feel you don’t have now that would make your life better.  
Client: I want to be married.  
Sandra O’Day: Fine. Now imagine that you’re married.
Client: OK.  
Sandra O’Day: What do you have as a married person that you don’t have now?  
Client: A husband.  
Sandra O’Day: Right. A husband. So what does a husband give you that you don’t have right now?
Client: Sex.  
Sandra O’Day: Uh-huh. What else?
Client: Companionship.  
Sandra O’Day: What else? 
Client: Money.  
Sandra O’Day: OK. I need you to listen to yourself. You tell me that what you need to make your life better is a husband.  
Client: Yes.
Sandra O’Day: You want a husband for sex, companionship and money.  
Client: Yes.
Sandra O’Day: You don’t need a husband. You need a vibrator, a cat and an ATM machine. Give yourself the things you want. Don’t dump it onto someone else.

No comments: