Sunday, March 1, 2009

The "I'm Not There Yet" Game

One of my clients recently told me that she can’t have sex with her husband because she doesn’t like her body.

WHAT? A woman who isn’t 100% happy with her body?! How unusual. How unique. (I hope you notice the sarcasm font.)

She said she had gained some weight in the past few years, and her husband is still all over her, but she’s too embarrassed by her body to have sex with him. She said that she’s, “Just not there yet.”

OK, honey, are you insane? He thinks you’re hot. So be hot. Don’t wait until you think you’re sexy -- because most of us can’t live up to our own rigid standards. Your husband, however, still gets rigid when he sees you fresh out of the shower wearing only a towel. HE is the one who desperately wants to help you get out of the “I’m Not There Yet” game.

Take off the towel, knock him onto the bed or the table or the floor and feel good about the fact that HE'S TOTALLY INTO YOU!

People, we’re only as attractive as we let ourselves be. Don’t play the “I’m not There Yet” game. Be there. It’s where you are. It’s called NOW, and NOW is pretty dang sexy.

No comments: