Monday, July 26, 2010

People are like Slinkies

I got an e-mail this morning from a client, and it really tickled my funny bone.

"Some people are like Slinkies -- not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs."

That is so true!

Back when I was a criminal, before I had taken 120 hours of anger management courses plus the mandatory refresher course every five months, I was fond of pushing, shoving and punching any idiot who irked me or got in my way. Those were the days!

But I've embraced Powerful Positive Change (PPC) and have moved into new territory in my life.

These days, when encountering complete ass-wipes, I take a deep breath, count to ten -- twenty if I have to, and I do my best not to take their rude, stupid behavior personally.

So, as we slog our way through this hot and humid summer let's keep our ire in check as our cities are invaded by slow-moving, slack-jawed tourists with extreme mental problems.

Take a deep breath, count to ten, and think of those slinkies!

I look forward to hearing your stories of immense personal struggle, and will continue to inspire you.

No comments: