Monday, March 3, 2008

My Big Blue Gun

I really hate people sometimes. It never ceases to amaze me how many rude, disgusting thoughtless people are out there. I used to think those people were just selfish, but then I realized they were merely sloppy and trashy. Too lazy and lacking enough self-awareness to actually be selfish.

I think these etiquette-disabled people should be marked. Physically. That way, unsuspecting people of good manners and conscience could identify them immediately.

Here’s what I propose: a gun that turns people blue. And the blue coloring lasts for at least four days. That way, people who are consistently “blued” will be even more blue than the casual, accidental offender.

Now, I realize that if this dream of marking idiots were to actually happen, I myself could be “blued.” Because, lets face it, even those of us who try really hard to be polite and thoughtful and considerate fail from time to time. We’re all idiots, but we’re not all full-time idiots. That’s why we need the blue gun.

And once we could see those blue people coming a mile away we could all work together to make them more thoughtful members of society.

I look forward to hearing your stories of immense personal struggle, and will continue to inspire you .

No comments: