Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Blame Game

Hello O’Dayers! The following is an exchange that recently took place on Facebook between my client, Oliver, my former prison mate, Sally and myself.

Oliver hates his parotid gland.

Sally: Oh crap, now I have to go look that one up

Sandra O'Day: A parotid is a big ear gland. One on either side, just like ears. Makes spit or something. Why would one hate it?

Oliver: Because when your bitch of a grandmother forces you to drink soup that you know is too hot 4 years ago which causes scarring once scalded, the glad won't excrete and the saliva backs up causing the gland to inflame. The result is days of discomfort until manually "pressed" when the infectious liquid can seep out and over your teeth. All day. Yum!

Sandra O'Day: Did she pour hot soup down your throat? Or were you merely pandering to shut her trap? Define "forces you to drink soup" for me. Because I think you took action that you're blaming others for. And that's not what we practice at O'Day Sessions, is it Oliver? I hope your saliva fixes up soon.

Oliver: Pandering. Once again Sandra you are correct in your observations. I am lucky to have discovered your teachings in my life. Thank you. I sent the check by the way so they can stop calling now. Thanks :)

I look forward to hearing your stories of immense personal struggle and will continue to inspire you.

For further inspiration visit Sandraoday.com, e-mail me at PowerOfSandra@aol.com, or be my friend on Facebook.

No comments: