Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Work Harder

Sometimes you have to work harder.

Some people have to work harder at losing weight. Doesn’t matter why, could be compulsive overeating or a glandular thing, whatever. But some folks have to work harder than the rest of us to drop those extra pounds.

Some people have to work harder at getting a job. Some people have to work harder to make friends. Some have to work harder not to pick their noses in public.

I have to work harder than most people at not losing my temper. It’s challenging for me to keep a lid on things. There is so much ineptitude and rudeness in our world. Keeping my cool is especially difficult when I challenge all of my readers to send me a list of their everyday gripes and only one reader – ONE – actually sent me a gripe.

And do you know what that ONE person’s gripe was?!

“aaawww... do I have to write them down!? All of 'em? ...waahhh”

Good for you, Joan Palmeri. Well done. Well played. You jokingly wrote down a gripe. But at least you wrote something down and sent it in. Good for you. You get to wear a tiara for 15 whole minutes.

As for the rest of you “readers and not doers” -- I didn’t realize you were all so perfectly content. You must have perfect lives and careers and relationships. I didn’t know you were all so heaped with heartfelt, genuine gratitude that you have no minor complaints about your lives at all! Good for you! You’re practically fucking Buddhas.

I am punching you in the face with sarcasm right now, people, but only because I can’t actually reach you through your screen and slap you.

ONE GRIPE, folks. ONE. You can facebook me – I’m Sandra O’Day on facebook or you can email me at PowerOfSandra@aol.com

Unless of course you don’t know how to write. But that’s a developing nation problem. So you probably know how to write. I bet you know how to, “txt 2 ur frieeennnds LOL!!!!! OMFG ROTFL!”

Impressive.

Get on it, people. I will come after you.

3 comments:

MaryLisa said...

I hate when people use the word "preventative" when they mean "preventive".

Sandra O'Day said...

MaryLisa, good for you. In your complaint you can celebrate that you are an educated person who appreciates preventive medicine and measures.

Paula B said...

I struggle to manage my anger and let me say it's really tough sometimes, I feel like I'm the only person in the world who has to work hard to control her anger. I am working on no lashing out when I get angry and I have found on http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-cti tools I can do so. It's definitely helping me to control my emotions. Please take a look and let me know what you think.