Monday, February 25, 2008

The God Game

So what’s your plan for your life? Or are you like most people who have no strategy for their future?

“Oh, I’ll just make a wish, toss this penny into the fountain and see what happens.” I’ll tell you what happens. The guy who cleans the fountain cashes in on your wishes.

Or maybe you’re a “go-with-the-flow” type. “Dude, I’ll just see where the river of life takes me.” Dude, the river leads to the ocean. Then what?

Or maybe you’re one of those, “I’m just gonna’ let go and let God,” types. People, I’m all for faith, but if you can’t even be specific about what you want how can you expect your imaginary friend to provide it for you?

My attitude ruffles some feathers. But I don’t really care. I’m not saying it’s wrong for people to believe in outside forces or a “higher power”. I’m relatively OK with that. But I’m not OK with people sloughing their responsibility off on God.

“I didn’t give up, I gave it up to God.” No, you gave up. You failed so you passed the buck to God. That’s not right. If your spine hasn’t been broken then stand up and get back on that horse.

Figure out what you want, make a plan, set some goals and put all your concentration and energy into making that plan happen. If God is a part of your private cheering section, good for you. But you need to believe in yourself first -- do the hard work and listen to your dreams so that you can make a map for your life and create the life you deserve.


I look forward to hearing your stories of immense personal struggle, and will continue to inspire you .

E-mail Sandra @ PowerofSandra@aol.com

No comments: